Friday, September 17, 2010

My wireless nouns within my house keep dropping. is it my router's blame?

i own a netgear. are other brands better? does performance even ebb and flow from router to router?


Answer:

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/moredone...

10 tips for improving your wireless framework

(see section around Reduce wireless interference)
move router away from metal objects like tv's
Happened to me until I updated the driver for the wireless adapter.
if u own any standing lamps or rabbit ears it could mess up the signal and sometimes cell phones can do it to but also MAKE SURE U ENCRYPT THE WIRELESS INTERNET explanation someone could be tapping into ur splash stealing ur internet
Try changing the DHCP Lease time to a week or so. I be having indistinguishable problems and I did this and it fixed everything. You should be able to find this beside the software you got when you first installed the router software.
If you are using folder sharing programs, be sure to adjust the connection settings on the program so it does not overload the router if you are using one. I have that happen to me and I would know how to connect for maybe 10 minutes and the router would overload beside connections and restart itself. Also make sure the signal is a virtuous strength. If it is on the weaker side, you can always purchase a compass expander. I have a Linksys router and a Linksys selection expander and both work perfectly for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment